I got this today from my younger brother. He's 32. He works at a large university.
From Aaron: Here’s a conversation I had this morning with some student employees:
Students: That “We Are The World” song for Haiti is not that good considering how many stars are in it.
Aaron: Yes, I prefer the original version.
Students: What do you mean original version?
Aaron: The original version was recorded in the 80’s for Africa famine relief. That’s why the new version is called “We Are The World 25.”
Students: Oh, so that’s why those old clips of Michael Jackson are part of it. I thought 25 was referring to the number of people who were singing the song together.
Aaron: No, it’s called 25 because the original song came out 25 years ago. Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie wrote the song.
Students: Who’s Quincy Jones?
Aaron: Quincy Jones was Michael Jackson’s main producer back in the day. You guys seriously have never heard the original version of the song?
Students: No, like you said, that was 25 years ago. We’re all 19.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment