I'm away on a business trip, but this nugget of goodness happened before I left. We were in the kitchen, the whole family. I was working on dinner, Dan was loading the dishwasher, all of the girls were talking at once. I wasn't really paying attention until I heard, in the cutest, tiniest girl voice: "And THAT really pissed me off."
Ahh, it was the Moo. And she used the language in the correct way. I was kinda proud. And I kid you not, my first thought was "oh, shit." I KNOW, very helpful, right.
Me, quizzically, "Did you just say that something pissed you off?"
Three, in a sing-songy voice: "Pissed off, pissed off pissed off pissed off pissed off, piiiiiiiiiiiisssssssed off off off."
Moo: "Yeah."
Silence. Dan and I pause and look at one another.
Me: "Well that isn't a very nice way to put it. I know that I say that phrase all the time, Moo, but it is one of those things I shouldn't say. I should choose better words. And saying that you are pissed off is one of those unfair things that adults can do but kids shouldn't. It's not nice manners."
Moo: "Ok."
Dan: "This one was all you...."
Me: "I'm aware. But I'm sure your turn is coming soon."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ugh, been there with the cursing, although pissed off is pretty mild compared to what Lana knows, thanks to Bill and well, me too. All it took was one very frustrating rental car experience and we successfully exposed the girls to every curse word in the English language. oops.
Post a Comment