Friday, August 31, 2012

Overheard,Observed and Generally Awesome

Three:  Can I have some chocolate milk?

Me:  Sure, after you eat your dinner.

Three:  Oh, dammit.

************

Three: You have peach skin, I have brown skin.

Me:  Yes.  I think it's beautiful.

Three:  I want to have peach skin.  Peach is my favorite color.

Me:  Isn't orange your favorite color?

Three:  Nope, peach.

Me:  Really?  You know, some of my favorite people are brown.  Auntie R, Grandma S, .....

Three: I LIKE Peach!

Me:  Ok.  We're different, but I think we are both beautiful.  What do you think?

Three:  I have boogers and sneezes and I NEED a Kleenex!!  Now!!

Me:  I'm glad we had this talk.

**********

Me, in the bathroom:  Three, you have to wipe front to back.  No, wait, you need to make sure to wipe your bottom.

Three: But I DID.

Me:  Your whole bottom!

Three:  I DID! I DID IT!

Me:  Not really.  Wipe the WHOLE bottom!

Three, shouting:  I.  Wiped.  MY.  BUTT!

Me, exasperated:  I mean you have to actually wipe your whole butt, even in your butt crack.

Silence.

Three, in a tiny voice:  Butt crack?

Then hysterical laughter. She literally cried, she laughed so hard.  Then...

Three:  Butt crack, butt crack, butt crack...

Me:  You, know, that is a potty word and we can only say it when we are in the potty.

Three:  Ok.

A few hours later, I hear loud, hysterical laughter from the bathroom.  Sounds like there is a party in there. Giggling and snorting and guffaws and dancing.

Then I hear Dan's voice:  BUTT CRACK?  Hahahahhaha!! 
Three:  Yes, Mommy said BUTT CRACK!!

More laughing.

Me:  Grow up, all of you!

******
A story from Hoosier Girl:

So the girls were playing with their dolls and having them get married.  I asked who would be the preacher, and the girls told me I should be the preacher. I started the ceremony, but stopped to ask what the girl doll's name was, and it was Dell.  When I asked who the boy was, Moo replied, in an exasperated voice:  It's KEN.  It says so right there on his underwear!!

******

A sign on Moobear's door:

"Sleep over.  No boys allowed.  Except Daddy and Star Wars Boy*"

* Name has been changed to protect the name of Moobear's good friend.

*******

Family Movie Night, we're watching Rudy.

Moobear, "They keep talking about dressing for the football game, where are the dresses?!!  Who is going to wear the dresses?!"

Me:  If you're waiting for the dresses in this movie, you're going to wait a loooooong time.

Later, we're playing let's see if we can spot Daddy in the band in the movie.  I'm convinced I see Dan.

Me:  Look honey! It's you.! That is TOTALLY you.

Dan: That looks EXACTLY like me, except that he's playing trombone, and I played trumpet.

Me:  Whoops.  He's totally cute, though.

Dan:  Nice save.




No comments: