Sunday, September 27, 2009

Coming Home Slideshow

We have family friends who are photographers. Well, Frank is the photographer and Peggy, his wife, generally makes us look good. Peggy and Frank were at our wedding, they came to the hospital and took the first photos of Moo, they took toddler photos of Doodle and Moo, they take our family photos, etc. So it was only natural to have Frank come to the airport when we came home with the Newbie. We wanted someone to capture the moment of our girls meeting each other for the first time without us worrying about missing the moment or being self conscious. We took some posed shots, but most were in a photo-journalistic style, which is a part of Frank's background. Peggy put some of those photos to music for us. Go ahead and take a look. Seeing us become a family at last makes me tear up. It starts with our girls waiting and waiting.......

ETA: I removed the slideshow since everything got a bit wonky. Here's a link to it. It works better than putting it directly into the blog.

2 comments:

Christina said...

They were so great! Love it. I wish we had thought to arrange something like that for Saye's homecoming.

Heather Zenzen said...

That was so sweet! It made ME tear up, and my heart of made of cold, hard stone. (not really. I just like to pretend I'm tough.)