Today I got in the shower and all of my nice shower gel was missing. You know, the kind that you buy and savor, the kind that is the opposite of "I'm desperate at Targ*t and the baby is screaming so let's just throw the first shower gel I see into the cart so we can get out of here."
Me: "Girls, do you know what happened to my shower gel?"
Doodle: "Yeah, it's in our bathroom. We needed it to take showers while you were gone."
Me: "You needed both of them???"
Doodle: "Yeah, Moo likes the strawberry and I like the almond. Can you buy us some of that?"
It has begun. The last vestiges of the things that were completely mine are now gone-- at least most of them (I'm pretty sure they are not ready for bras, yet, although they do like to wear my heels). The little luxuries that were mine alone are now fair game. I'm going to need a lock for the medicine cabinet--and not for the medicine, for my good face stuff (the stuff that I buy that I am too embarrassed to admit to my husband how much it costs). And what is truly stunning about this? They are SEVEN and SIX, not SIXTEEN and SEVENTEEN.
At least they have good taste. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You might need to develop a beauty product strategy. Hide your expensive stuff & then buy some decoy drug store stuff to leave out. Watch, they'll know the difference :) Next step -- makeovers at slumber parties....
Post a Comment