Monday, December 12, 2011

A Challenge for Santa

As of this morning, we had no idea what Santa was going to bring Three for Christmas.  Previous conversations went like this:

Me:  Three, what do you want Santa to bring you for Christmas?

Three:  A DS.  And a pen.

Me:  But you can't have a DS until you are 7.  Is there anything else you want Santa to bring you?

Three:  A DS and a pen.

Me:  Never mind.

This morning, we made some progress (sort-of).

Me:  Three, what should Santa bring you for Christmas?

Three:  A DS and a pen.

Me:  You can't have a DS until you are seven.  Is there anything else you want Santa to bring you?

Three:  A laser.  Lasers.

Me:  A laser???

Three:  Yes, lasers.

Me:  What, may I ask, are you going to do with a laser?

Three:  I'm going to shoot them.  Pew! Pew! (shooting noises).  And I'm going to kill her.

Me:  Three, it's not nice to kill people.  We don't shoot people with lasers.

Three:  It's pretend.  It's just lasers.

Me:  So the only thing you want from Santa is a laser?

Three (exasperated, speaking as if I am a complete idiot):  YES.  And a DS.

Awesome.  Those elves have their work cut out for them. 

No comments: