This week, we were back at our local childrens' hospital for an ortho appt for Doodle's broken ankle. The verdict: two more weeks in a cast, but with weight bearing. Mostly good news. But it was a long morning, and Doodle was upset that the cast was not taken off. She was also really nervous about putting weight on her bad ankle.
Three and Hoosier Girl went with Doodle and I and by the time we were in the car on the way home, we were all tired, hungry and cranky. For some odd reason, Three spent most of the day pretending to be a spider, making weird spider noises.
Three: Coo.....coo
Hoosier Girl: Three, do you need something?
Three: Yes.
Hoosier Girl: A spider snack?
Three: Coo.
Hoosier Girl hands Three an imaginary spider snack.
Hoosier Girl: How about some spider juice?
Three: Coo.
Hoosier Girl: Here you go!
She hands Three some imaginary spider juice.
Three: I love spider juice!! Yum Yum!
Three turns her attention to Doodle, poking her from her car seat.
Doodle: Stop, it Three!
Three: I not Three, I Spider.
Doodle: Stop it Spider! Mom, she's touching me!
Me, kind of pissed and a bit at the end of my rope: Three, leave your sister alone!
Still more touching.
Suddenly, Doodle exclaims, "Smack!"
At once there is sobbing from Three. Hysteria. Lots of wailing.
Me, instantly angry: Doodle, did you hit your sister?
Doodle, calmly: No, I just created an imaginary fly swatter and killed the spider.
Three: I no want to be killed!! *sobs*
Me: Seriously, you didn't touch her?
Doodle: No, I just hit her with my pretend flyswatter.
Hoosier Girl and I stare at each other as Three sobs and wails. I am secretly proud of Doodle in that moment for her awesome, creative smackdown (pun intended). However, I'm about one venti St*rbucks and three minutes of silence away from sanity and ready to lose it with the wailing and carrying on of Three.
Then, in a moment of pure brilliance, Hoosier Girl out-foxes the fox.
Hoosier Girl: Three, here is some spider medicine. It will make you all better from the flyswatter!
Three: * sniffs* Ok, I all better. Look I Spider again !!!
Well played, Hoosier Girl, well played.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment