One of my favorite
bloggers,
DaMomma, writes this in her twitter posting:
"Reading to the girls. Two little heads rest on my belly. "Do you like it, Eden?" Kisses and rubs. They sing to her. My cup runeth over. "
Now, she's pregnant and I'm not, but here's how a similar event happens in our house:
The girls and I are reading in the big bed (our bed) and there are two little heads resting on my non-pregnant belly. I am reading from one of these fairy books. They are VERY FORMULAIC, but my girls love them. Plot, no, fairy magic yes. They are enthralled.
Moo: "I love you Mama. Your belly is a nice pillow."
Doodle: "I can hear your stomach making gurgle-y noises."
Moo: "I want to hear. Move over, Doodle." She lifts up my t-shirt to hear better. Then sits up. "I can hear it!"
Doodle takes this opportunity to give me a big 'ole raspberry kiss on my belly. It is so loud it echoes in my bedroom. She is great at this, one of her not-so-hidden talents.
Moo, "Me too, me too." More raspberries ensue.
"Okay, that's enough. Can we get back to the story?" I wipe drool off of my belly. I'm used to it by now.
Doodle: "You have a fun belly, Mommy!"
Different style, same love.
Incidentally, while Doodle always calls me Mommy, Moo always calls me Mama. Wonder what the newbie's going to call me?
No comments:
Post a Comment