Last weekend, the weather finally turned nice enough to bring out the bikes. Doodle's legs were finally long enough for her to ride her "motorcycle" (Big Wheel), so she was riding on that. Moo Bear decided that the only thing she wanted to ride was Doodle's big girl bike--no more tricycle for her. So after a week of bike fights--"Mom, tell Moo to get off my bike, I want to ride it"-- I left work early on Friday for the bike purchase. We go to a local bike store where these guys have been working on bikes since the 60's. They like nothing better than to help a girl pick out her first bike, and they are the most patient people on the planet. Moo had just woken up from a nap so she wasn't as outgoing as she normally was, so the bike guys were a bit disappointed that she wasn't over the moon. By the time we got home, she was raring to go. Most of the pics I have are blurry, since she wouldn't stop riding long enough for photos. Oh, and she picked out the exact same bike as her sister, just a different color. I'll post more pics in the slide show later.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
First Bike
Last weekend, the weather finally turned nice enough to bring out the bikes. Doodle's legs were finally long enough for her to ride her "motorcycle" (Big Wheel), so she was riding on that. Moo Bear decided that the only thing she wanted to ride was Doodle's big girl bike--no more tricycle for her. So after a week of bike fights--"Mom, tell Moo to get off my bike, I want to ride it"-- I left work early on Friday for the bike purchase. We go to a local bike store where these guys have been working on bikes since the 60's. They like nothing better than to help a girl pick out her first bike, and they are the most patient people on the planet. Moo had just woken up from a nap so she wasn't as outgoing as she normally was, so the bike guys were a bit disappointed that she wasn't over the moon. By the time we got home, she was raring to go. Most of the pics I have are blurry, since she wouldn't stop riding long enough for photos. Oh, and she picked out the exact same bike as her sister, just a different color. I'll post more pics in the slide show later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Go, Moo, go! I'm so excited for her. We're working on the training wheels thing now -- K can ride without them (they're set high enough that when she's riding, they don't touch the ground), but she doesn't quite believe it yet.
Post a Comment