Doodle is my girl that has broken her front tooth twice. The dentist glued on the broken portion the first time but the second put a crown on it. We call it her "beautiful tooth." She's also had one cavity (must be Dan's tooth genes). So for a 5.5 year old, she's been to the dentist a lot. The last time we went, the dentist suggested we buy her a helmet (I'm not kidding.)
Last week, she told me that she hit one of her bottom teeth on her water bottle. Sure enough, it was loose. I frantically sent her out to find a tooth fairy pillow with Mary Poppins. I was picturing a pretty, lacy pillow. She came back with this:

She picked out this ugly doll (the name of the doll, but also my commentary) and named him "Little
Huggy Face." She thinks he looks like a tooth. I sewed on the purple fleece pocket part, because I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to attach the tooth otherwise.
We also bought some books on losing baby teeth. I wasn't prepared for her to lose her teeth, so we really hadn't talked about it. The books helped her anxiety, but the blood freaks her out. Doodle spent most of the weekend with a paper towel sticking out of her mouth.
The tooth came out yesterday--but not all of it. She appears to have broken it near the base. We have a dentist appointment this morning. Poor girl. She hates the dentist now, and I don't blame her. She's had more
vis
its than most adults. Sigh. I'm dreading it too. I think he's going to bring up the helmet again. I'm not sure he believes me that she is so klutzy.
No comments:
Post a Comment