The Newbie went to Dr. L on Tuesday. Since our first doctor's visit upon returning home (May 4), the Newbie has gained 2.6 pounds and grown 2 inches. She's moved up from the 3rd percentile in weight and height to the 10th percentile!!! Her head circumference remains at the 25th percentile. She came home comfortably in 3-6 month clothes and she's now in the 9 month size.
I think the growth can be attributed to the 4 meals she requires a day and the 40 oz of formula she pounds in a day. She's eating less often now, but more volume. Tonight her 4th meal consisted of an entire container of baby yogurt, two cubes (ice cube size, I make some of my own baby food) one of sweet potato and one of cauliflower and 1/2 of a jar of vegetable turkey dinner, with 2 tablespoons of cereal mixed into the veggies. Oh, and about 10 puffs and she's still working on the cheerios I gave her.
It's totally weird for me to have a good eater. She's eaten everything I've put in front of her, and eats at a reasonable pace. With the other girls a meal could last for hours and they would consume about 1/4 of what the newbie eats. So far, she's avoided strawberries and peaches, but I think that is because she has trouble picking them up. She eats pureed strawberries or peach yogurt, just not little pieces of real fruit. She's been known to feed herself a full banana broken into a million tiny pieces.
We've discovered that when we skip the 4th meal, she wakes up in the middle of the night for formula, so for now, we're sticking to our schedule.
I can't believe how far the newbie has come in the last 2.5 months. She can clap her hands and wave now. She sits up unassisted. She can put weight on her legs and "stand" with help. Total weight gain since we met her is upwards of 4 pounds.
The only downside has been that with some good nutrition, her teeth are all coming in at once. She's got four on the bottom, two on the top, and Dr. L says the rest are ready to burst. That plus the 4 shots she got yesterday have made for a cranky baby, but I don't blame her.
Well, off for now, but I'll try to be better with updates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That is awesome! I can remember how exciting it was to finally be on the U.S. growth charts. Sounds like all that extra nutrition is doing her a world of good. And even if all the teeth are coming in at once -- at least it'll be over quicker that way. Give my drooly girl some big hugs and smooches for me!
I love reading your updates! What fun and the photos are very cute.
Richard has been making the "crispy noodles" and has it pretty well perfected! We will have to have you over for a try. The China Town office is pretty much finished and looking good. A couple new patients, now we just have to be there more often.
Hope you are doing well back at work. That is always such a heart tug to go back.
Take care,
Tammy and the gang
Post a Comment