Sunday, December 6, 2009

Are you gonna eat that?

In the mornings, Doodle needs about 20 minutes to become fully conscious. We give her a warm chocolate milk, her "coffee," and let her watch a few minutes of TV until she can function. This Thursday, she was ensconced on the couch with her warm chocolate milk, a waffle cut into pieces, a fork, and a small bowl containing 2 gummy vitamins and 2 calcium gummy bears. The Newbie was on the floor with her cheerios and banana also enjoying a little Sponge Bob. Dan was in the shower, and I took two minutes to grab Doodle's clothes from upstairs. When I came back down, Doodle asks,"Mom, where are the gummy bears?" While she was spaced out, the Newbie had eaten the gummy bears, 1/2 of the waffle and stuck the syrupy spoon in her hair like a pic. Oh, and she had finished her 1/2 of banana and the cheerios. Doodle saw nothing, heard nothing, did nothing. By the time I got the camera, the Newbie had removed the fork and the moment was over.

Now that the Newbie is walking, nothing is safe. There is usually a trail of food in her wake.

P.S. Dan says it was fine she ate the vitamins. I was freaked, but it is nice to have a doctor in the house.

1 comment:

Rumi said...

Hilarious. I think Doodle takes after her Auntie Rumi :) Uncle Mike would say that it takes longer than 20 minutes for my brain to get into gear.