Friday, December 18, 2009

Can I get in on that? Or, the Accidental Shower

Today, Dan is home with the girls. Moo is sleeping, Dan and Doodle are walking to her school and I've locked the Newbie in the bathroom with me so I can take a shower. As I'm rinsing my hair with my eyes shut, I hear Thump! Thump! Thump! It's the sound of the myriad of products I have perched on the edge of the tub being pushed aside, one by one. I open my eyes, trying to avoid slipping on the bottles and see the Newbie, leaning into the tub. Her Pj's are soaking wet, she leaning as far in as she can go to get the water to run down her face. Her eyes are closed but she has this satisfied grin on her face. She occasionally moves her head from side to side to be sure both cheeks are equally wet.

At that point, I strip her down and take her in the shower with me. I guess she really wanted a shower this morning!

Thankfully, by the time we needed to get out, Dan was home, so he scored me a towel and took a dripping Newbie from me. It might have gotten ugly if he wasn't home. One towel and my robe weren't enough for the flood on the bathroom floor.

No comments: