Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I know it was around here somewhere.....

The Doodle had a rough day yesterday. It was back to school and a major letdown from spring break activities like Craftapalooza 2010 and trips to the aquarium and the nature museum (Thanks Hoosier Girl!). There was a meltdown before gymnastics and much infighting with Moobear. There was begging for sweets and TV. Then there was a naughty chair after Moo got hurt in the backyard and instead of helping her, Doodle hopped on the B*G Wheel she vacated and pedaled on. Finally, after Doodle calmed down, I asked her what happened to her good attitude? She started crying and in all seriousness said, "I left it at school in my locker and forgot to bring it home and now the school is locked!!!" More sobbing ensued. It took all of my willpower not to laugh. I just said, "Well, that is unfortunate." Then, I went out to the back deck where Dan was grilling and laughed until tears ran down my face. I MUST email the Doodle's teacher. We don't want to let that attitude escape when she opens her locker. Then we'll be in a world of hurt.

In other news, the Newbie is so addicted to chocolate that she is now trying to find wrappers in the garbage and lick the remaining chocolate off of them. Anybody have a lock on their garbage can? Perhaps those of you with pets could help me out with some suggestions?

1 comment:

Kathy and Paul said...

We have a garbage can with a lock - check out http://www.simplehuman.com/products/trash-cans/kitchen/slim-plastic-step.html (we have the slim model and they also have a rectangular shaped can with a lock)

One warning - make sure little toes are not near the foot lever when you close the lid.