Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Flavored Vodka for Everyone!

I now record Martha Stewart for my five year old. While I realize that in some places this would amount to cruel and unusual punishment and perhaps child abuse, in my defense, she asked for it. Crafty Doodle saw a commercial for Martha's Halloween decoration show and asked me to record it for her. She LOVES Martha. We tape all of her shows now.

When I came home from work a few days ago, the girls were playing "Martha."
"Mom, we're making a Christmas craft on this show. Here's your tree, and you need to put the pipe cleaner on like this."

"No! Not like that!" She throws me a withering look worthy of Martha. "Like this. And we're taping this show, by the way." After I fashioned the glitter pipe cleaner into a star on the top of the tree, I had redeemed myself.

So last night we fired up Martha, and the featured holiday item was flavored vodka.

"Mom, can we make that? I think they would make nice Christmas gifts."

Hmmm.... we've never given vodka as a Christmas gift before. Wine, yes, Champagne, yes, Vodka, no. But I'd bet they would be crowd-pleasers....funny how she shows an innate understanding of our family even though she has no idea what vodka is. What the hell, I think.

"Sure honey, maybe next weekend."

"I want to make the one with the cranberries."

1 comment:

Susan said...

This is outstanding. Since she doesn't want to be called Doodle any more, you should just start referring to her as Martha, especially since "Boozehound" is already taken. :)