Doodle and Moo are starting to get the hang of jokes, emphasis on the starting. After gymnastics a few weeks ago, I asked Doodle if she did the "skin the cat," a twirling move on the bars. She said, "No Mommy, I learned a new trick called "skin the goose." Not having ever had the coordination to do gymnastics, I was confused. Forty-five minutes later, and a demonstration with a doll, a broom handle, and string, I was still perplexed. So I did what self respecting mother would do, I googled and went to YouTube. Sure enough, there was a video on you tube of a girl doing a "skin the cat." But oddly, no mention of the "skin the goose" move. Of course, now Doodle pipes up, "I joked you!" This was followed by five year old maniacal laughter. I was a little pissed, to be honest with you, that I fell for her tricks, but good to know she understands teasing and humor.
Moo prefers knock knock jokes. There are two boys in her group at preschool that she tells me are good joke tellers. I will keep their identities secret, but both of their names end in "o." I'll spare you the bad jokes and share one that kind-of makes sense.
Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Weirdo.
Weirdo who?
Weir do you think you're going?
You get the picture. And this was the BEST of the many jokes. There seem to be quite a few involving werewolves and those REALLY don't make sense. Hard to tell if the difficulties lie in the delivery or the creation of the jokes. If any of you know a good werewolf punchline, please comment. I'm stumped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ha I heard the same jokes- though I can't remember the werewolf punchlines either!
They are definitely are a step up from the ones I used to hear in the youngest group--as their sense of "joking" was still pretty small. A classic original I heard:
Child: Knock knock
Me: Who's there?
Child: The funny joke man who tells jokes
(children laughing hysterically)
Me:The funny joke man who tells jokes who?
Child:(blank stare)
Post a Comment