Saturday, July 18, 2009

Newbie Gets Served - Readoption




In our state for the re-adoption you have a court date with an appearance, then your adoption agency social worker files a report and THEN the judge makes a final determination six weeks later (and no court appearance). Last Monday was our first court date. Part of the excitement was that since the Newbie was the defendant, she needed to be served papers by the Deputy Sheriff. Everyone at court was super nice and all three girls received Sheriff's badges.

These photos are from court, the Newbie being served, etc. Since there are no photos allowed in the court, no pictures from the courtroom. We got lucky, though and met our judge in the hallway. The woman with the glasses in the picture with the Newbie and I is the judge.

3 comments:

Tawni said...

Congratulations!

I found your blog a little while ago. Your daughters are beautiful. I have 3 boys and we finalized the adoption of our daughter last October.

I love your daughter's hair in the post below. I am always looking for ideas on hair!!

Tawni

Stacey said...

Welcome Tawni! I used tiny rubber bands for the sections, then attached little flower clips. And, I love your blog!

Susan said...

I think the picture of Newbie getting served may be my favorite picture ever.