Thursday, July 2, 2009

She Wants That for Her Birthday?????

I just ordered a product from an infomercial. I spent the low, low price of $19.99 plus shipping and handling and got a free sonic toothbrush. I did it under duress. See, as the girls grow up, they are starting to watch shows with commercials in them. Sometimes, I fast forward through the commercials. However, sometimes Dan and I just want to watch the news or Meet the Press without interruption, so we set them up with their DVR'd shows on the other TV. The result? The main thing that Doodle wants for her birthday other than a scooter, is a Touch and Brush.

It makes a bit of sense. She and the MooBear have difficulty squeezing the last bits of toothpaste out of their SpongeBob and Fairies toothpaste. Do I really think it will work as advertised, dispensing toothpast with vacuum power with a gentle touch? Will it eliminate the sticky mess of toothpaste in their bathroom? No, but this is a life lesson and a birthday wish all in one. If it works, great. If it doesn't, it's a lesson for the Doodle in infomercials. Either way, it's going to be the gift she opens with delight, squealing when she realizes I listened and remembered.

What's next you ask? My SIL is threatening to get her the Sham-wow for her birthday. Hey, I'm open to other suggestions. This is a lot easier than tracking down the one toy she is interested in that is out of stock. Moobear wants a Tinkerbell tiny kitchen set (similar to a Polly Pocket Playset) that is gone everywhere and is now going for $80 on ebay. Not gonna happen.

Yes, it is weird but whatever. She comes from good hardy nerd stock, so I would expect nothing less. I'll let you know how it works.

1 comment:

Denise said...

my son has asked for it too! And he constantly talks about Cash for Gold and let us know that that ends July 4th. LOL. Kids are funny.... You can get the Snugglie next. That one made me laugh out loud...