Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Warning: Gold Bikini=Choking Hazard


So yesterday, the girls were playing with the super amazing polly pocket sets their Uncle Aaron bought them. Except that they aren't Polly-- they are Princess Leia and Queen Amidala dolls with the smallest little outfits you can imagine. The sets were complete with little framed pictures of Han Solo and Anakin Skywalker--the detail was amazing. I warned the girls that they had left some pieces too near their baby sister. The newbie and I went downstairs to workout and I noticed her chewing quite a bit and drooling. She gagged, so I did the finger sweep and sure enough there was a teeny tiny outfit piece in her mouth. For our family, though, it couldn't just be any old piece....nooo, it was the top to Princess Leia's gold bikini. Yes, that's right, my daughter could have choked on the smallest gold bikini top ever.

The bikini top was ruined, and the grownups girls were punished with no tv for two whole days.

Then, today, Dan brings the newbie up from the basement. She kept him company while he took a shower in the downstairs bathroom. I take her and notice that she is chewing something. I do the mouth sweep, and sure enough it is one of those little dry cleaning tags. Nice work Dad! Of course, the Doodle told Dan that he couldn't watch tv for two days, either.

She's not even mobile yet, so I hesitate to think about what she'll find next.

No comments: