Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BU '09!

First of all, let me apologize for being a bad blogger. We were super busy and then took a week to go on a beachy vacay. Photos of said beachy vacay to come.

This weekend, a group of families who blog about their Ethiopian adoption journeys are going to descend upon a city very, very near us, yours truly included. There will be pizza and beachy goodness and dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant. To say that I am excited is an understatement.

See, these are my people. I have lurked and lurked on their blogs. I've corresponded with them on forums on yahoo groups. Occasionally, I commented. I laughed with them and I cried with them. They answered my dumb questions and cheered when we received our referral. And now I get to stalk them meet them in person. It's so bad that I probably would recognize them on the street. In fact, I was talking with someone and they mentioned a friend of a friend who had adopted from Ethiopia. Said family lives in my city. Friend mentioned the name of the baby. I was all, OMG, D and S? And the friend said, yes, do you know them? Then I blushed and had to admit that I only "knew" them from the computer.

So if you can think of a non-creepy way I can introduce myself, let me know. 'Cause I'm thinking that, "Hi, I love your blog! I loved when you posted about x!" is going to get me labeled as a weirdo. Since only my best friends, one of my brother-in-laws, and a few others read this blog, I'm not going to be surrounded by blog groupies. I'm just going to be the anxious looking woman clutching a super cute baby.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Your weekend sounds super fun--have a blast. I once met a "friend" I only knew through the computer and it is amazing b/c you already know so much about each other--especially the minutia--without having ever met. So its actually an easy meeting--kind of strangely comfortable. I have since become real life friends with this woman and now we don't live in the same city--so we are back to being internet friends through blogging, but whenever I visit her city (or vice versa), I know we can pick up exactly where we left off and she already knows about the whatever silly story I blogged about yesterday. You will SO not be a stalker--I promise :)

Cathy said...

Hi! It was so great to meet you and your family this weekend. Let us know if you are in our neck of the woods sometime and we can meet up for dinner or something.