Did I really say we were recovering nicely? That we might have even been bored? Apparently that was a warning to the universe that I needed another smack down. Wow, a weekend where we actually all left the house for fresh air! We saw friends! I had champagne! I completed some much needed home organization! Clearly it was time for some additional pain and suffering!! I can hear the universe now, "Yes, let's teach that type A bitch what it means to be a mom of three. You thought your maternity leave would be fun! You thought you would be going on lovely outings with your girls! Fun, my a**! You won't be bored now!! (insert evil laugh here)"
Today, Doodle refused to go to a play date with her most favored friend, E. We went to preschool and she performed in the Magic Rainbow Garden (A preschool play. She was the magic galloping horse with rainbow hair. Dan did the shirts and the horse kind of looks like a cross between a dinosaur and a horse. I may have to post pictures at a later date, but I digress).
So Doodle was a bit punky and asked to go home from the ice cream parlor we visited as a treat after school. It came as no surprise that she felt warm tonight, or that her throat hurt.
When Dan came home, he looked in her ears--fine. But her throat...he was all "Yikes." He even made me look and sure enough she has a tonsil the size of Jupiter. It was like her one tonsil decided to blow itself up like a balloon. And then Dan says, "Hmmm....swollen glands, unilateral tonsil, fever. Yep, I think you should take her to the ped tomorrow for walk-in hours to rule out strep. A virus would likely result in two large tonsils."
This child HATES the Doctor (not your fault, Dr. L). She freaked out when I got MY shots for Ethiopia. She cried and went to her room when we tried to get her to try a new type of peanut butter last night. "I HATE to try new things MOM!!!" Clearly, tomorrow morning will at the very least require large amounts of caffeine (me) and possibly some sort of cocktail following (also me). Perhaps it will also require some bribery for her. I'm open to suggestions.
And for the double whammy, the last time I was at the ped they forgot to give me the materials for the newbie's stool samples. Three days of samples. I really don't want to know where I store the poop samples for three days. So, I have the privilege of picking up those bad boys tomorrow. Oh, and the newbie didn't poop at all today. I tell you, tomorrow is going to be fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment