
The picture says it all, doesn't it? So apparently, the pneumonia that Dan and I had was a complication of Influenza B (not swine flu, which is a strain of Influenza A). We found out yesterday after various
dr appts, that we were influenza B positive and
Moobear had it too. Doodle came down with it this morning. Mostly, it's a high fever, coughing, sometimes some stomach upset, muscle aches, fatigue. Of course you can take
Tamiflu in the first 48 hours. Too late for Dan and I, although we are already on the mend. Dan went to 5 pharmacies yesterday to get it for Moo, and got 1 bottle, which is about 1/2 of a full course. Apparently, there's been a run on the
Tamiflu because of the swine flu panic. Moo seems to be doing better, so we might be giving the
Tamiflu to Doodle. However, side effects include hallucinations and stomach upset, so if we can avoid it, we might. I just can't imagine a
barfy, hallucinating 5 year old.
Apparently, the US flu shot this year didn't cover the Ethiopian seasonal flu. So we're laying low. Not going out so as to not infect others.
All is not terrible, however. The newbie is doing great. I'll post some pictures in the
slide show.
Edited to add: Oh and now she's barfing. I'm not worried, since Doodle barfs with everything. Colds, ear infections, etc. But it's not fun here.
1 comment:
Oh no, poor Doodle. I hope she is feeling better soon--she looks so pathetic in the photo. Sorry too about the barfing--Lana barfs with every fever for some reason. It makes me nuts.
Post a Comment