Things I forgot about babies:
1. The laundry- Dear God.... the bibs and the cloth diapers we are using for burp cloths and the sleepers. How can one small baby generate so much laundry? Carrots stain like nothing else. This too, I had forgotten.
2. The dishes- we normally run the dishwasher twice a day but we're upwards of three times now. Filled with little bowls and baby spoons and bottles and toys dropped in the dirt. We're not even dishwashing the toys that fall on the floor like we did when Doodle was little.
3. The drool- she drinks a ton, but I think most of it ends up on her shirt. I don't remember my other girls drooling this much.
4. If spit up happens on your shirt, you don't always notice until it cools off. I vaguely remember this. Oh, and the straight spit up down your shirt and into your bra is just lovely.
5. I don't remember having to pee in the middle of the night when I was up with the baby. Maybe before I was breastfeeding and dehydrated? Or maybe it's just that I am older?
6. Food+blowing raspberries= sweet potatoes in your hair. And you might not notice until much later.
7. Glasses are a baby magnet. Glad I bought new ones before this baby came home. There already out of whack.
8. The smell of a clean baby after the bath is irresistible.
Things are looking up here. Today was the first day that the girls woke up without a fever. The grown ups are getting stir crazy, but we're surviving. The DVR broke while the girls were sick, so I've seen more on demand shows than ever. Now we have some recordings and I can fast forward through the commercials. It's the little things in life. I knew we were watching too much when Doodle asked for this toothpaste dispenser on a mini infomercial for her birthday. Next it will be the Sham-wow.
It is weird to have left in winter and returned to spring. My tulips are blooming and we have a robin's nest, complete with three bright blue eggs, in the front bushes. One of our lilacs has bloomed for the first time in three years. I planted flowers in my porch planters and planted the vegetable garden yesterday. A new beginning for all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment