So the good news is it's not strep. The bad news is it's not strep. I wouldn't wish strep on anyone but at least with a bacterial infection, 24-48 hours after the first dose of the antibiotic the kids are back to normal. I hate the lingering viruses...fever for several days, etc. and just when one kid is getting over it, the next kid gets it.
I waited until the very last moment to tell Doodle we were going to the doctor. I did it while she watched tv and I got her dressed. She got so hysterical that she threw up all over her clothes and the couch. I re-dressed her and took her in, along with a barf bowl and a roll of paper towels. There were walk-in hours and it was busy so we had to wait a while. I rocked her, I reasoned with her, I explained what the doctor would do. I promised no shots. I tried distracting her. Nothing worked. She cried from 9:10 a.m. when I told her we were going to the doctor until we were done with the doctor at 10:40. Doodle asked for Dan the whole time. Sigh. That was really demoralizing. Especially with all of the other moms in the waiting room. I guess the positive thing was that people avoided us in the waiting room since they assumed she had some horrible illness since she was so miserable ... that and she didn't barf at the doctors' office.
She's now on the couch whimpering. Doodle won't eat even a few crackers since she is afraid to throw up again but without food in her stomach, I can't give her the Motrin that will make her feel better. At this point, we might have to resort to Tylenol suppositories. I can only hope she falls asleep soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Holy crap, you guys cannot catch a break on the illness! We have been sick a lot this spring too, but man, you are getting hammered!! I hope Doodle feels better soon and that the rest of you stay healthy.
Post a Comment