Guestblogging for Stacey.....received this email this afternoon.
Today brought us a day without power and another day when the cell phones were not working. Our agency has some cell phones we can use, but even they were down because they could not be charged. Thankfully, I had taken a shower before the power went out but alas no blow dryer.
The newbie was much better today. You can tell she isn't at full speed yet, but she played with us on the floor, babbled--ba ba ba, da, da da, and had more energy than yesterday. She can roll from front to back and back to front. All good and relieving signs. She does have a rash on her face that is spreading. We are almost convinced it is chicken pox. The care center doctor thinks we are crazy, but I trust Dan's instincts. We should know tomorrow if it has spread to her chest, then it most certainly is chicken pox. That would explain all her troubles, and give me some peace of mind since Dan and I have both had it and the girls had vaccinations. She seems to be getting to know us. This afternoon she would not let us put her down and cried when we left. She is indeed a thumb sucker, but so far no sign of the lazy eye some folks thought she had in pictures. She does love her tongue though, and likes to stick it way out of her mouth.
We spent the morning at the care center today, had lunch and went back for an hour or so. The evening was spent at a big anniversary event for our agency. The event was basically 2.5 hours of speeches followed by a mad dash to the buffet. Dan and I only snagged one skewer apiece, so we went to nearby metro pizza for a much needed beer. We had a great time with another couple who is from Indiana and a representative from the agency.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow, chicken pox. I don't think that's super unusual. And I can't help but chuckle about the speeches; thank goodness for Metro Pizza! (Although to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan. Everyone else, including my husband, loved it, so I must be super picky). Glad things are beginning to become less stressful, and alright baby girl for the rolling over!
Post a Comment