Guestblogging for Stacey....received this email this morning.
Well, I found out why I was so hot yesterday (Tuesday), it was 101 degrees in Ethiopia. Also, I have a raging head cold/sinus infection. I feel like the doctor at the care center-- antibiotics for everything. I have a z-pack on board this morning, so I should feel better tomorrow.
There was intermittent water supply yesterday, but no power, so I could not send an update. I got a shower during the 10 minute window after the power outage, but Dan was not so lucky. He didn't get a shower, but did do some laundry for us. For some inexplicable reason, I did not pack enough socks.
Tuesday morning was spent hanging out. Yesterday, the newbie drank about 6, 6 oz bottles and ate some baby food. Monday night she slept from 7:30 p.m. until 4:30 am, drank an 8 oz bottle, and went back to sleep until 8:30. Last night, she slept all the way through from 8:30 until about 7 am. I was up and down last night and took a second nyquil at 4 am. I slept in this morning, but still feel like crap.
Yesterday, we spent about 2 hours at the embassy. Everything went very smoothly! The embassy worker was totally laughing at the newbie's birth certificate photo, and wanted us to hold her up to the window to check out her big eyes. One of the questions is whether or not the child we were referred, and clearly yes, she was the same girl as the one in the photo.
The newbie was a joy yesterday again, except that she refused to sleep. She only took a 45 minute nap. She was too interested in eating and observing everything that was going on. Still lots of raspberries and smiles.
Last night we went to Metro Pizza again. It is close by and the only place that has cool drinks. Since the power goes out frequently, we are left drinking warm pop and warm water most of the time. A cold local beer, St. George, is 10 birr or 1 US dollar. Brick oven pizzas are 55 birr or $5.50. We've been there three times so far.
Today, we've been hanging out at the guest house. We just had a hair braiding lesson and are going shopping this afternoon. The newbie is a little cranky. All this food has messed up her poop schedule. She had an adult sized poop yesterday that frankly scared me. Otherwise, she's been great.
I'll try and send another update at the end of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment