Oh, what a wild time we had yesterday at the preschool dinner party. It's potluck, and the director of the school provides the adult beverages. You might think it would be boring, but you would be so, so wrong.
Last year, sake came out at the end of the party and we found out who the true party parents were. Last year, there were some parents who pre-partied at a local mexican restaurant. Margaritas and tequila for everyone! We need to meet the kid's teachers! This year, it was not quite as wild, but there were indeed some folks who were a bit over-served.
I had resolved to limit myself to one glass of red wine, but after sticking my foot in my mouth about water birth, I threw caution to the wind and had a whole three glasses. See, I have a friend who did the non-drug water birth. And she is a hero. However, I learned the truth about the water birth. I had envisioned a tub that was almost like a small pool, with a filter and circulating water. But no, no filter people and if you have a long labor, it's not like they drain the tub. All of the fluids and whatnot, the birth runoff if you will, sits in the tub with you. Yikes! I'm the type of girl who might shower before a bath, so I'm just not into this. Kudos to those who are.
So at the hippy preschool (and I say that with much fondness), I should have known that the guests leaned more towards the water birth than not, and totally put my foot in my mouth about it. It's ok, though, because the woman I might have offended ..... at the end of the night offered to host a party where the wives would get tipsy and then there would be a pole dancing lesson and then the husbands would pick us up. I'm NOT lying to you. There was also a mention of how this might save our husbands money by not having to hire ladies of the evening, if you get my drift. Seriously. I felt like I was in some 1970's swinging house party and not a preschool party. I don't think some of these folks get out much.
Now before you get the wrong idea, most of the party guests were well behaved, and there are some pretty cool parents there. I did learn however, that our girls are a corrupting influence. Moo Bear has been talking up the Star Wars, and some parents have now caved and let the kids watch the movie. And these are kids who have never watched anything but the local PBS channel! I heard that their kids are telling their parents that they HAVE to see Star Wars. That Moo Bear loves it and she likes Darth Vader and even though he is evil she is really nice. Sorry! At least one parent said that it was nice to see a girl like the strong character and not be a princess all of the time. Thank you! We feel a bit less like freaks now!
The Doodle has been sharing information about the good night fairy (bribe to get the girls to sleep all night in their own beds). Apparently some of the parents have tried it, but their good night fairy gifts were sub-par. Olivia has told the other kids that the REAL good night fairy brings wooden animals, not stickers. Again, our apologies.
I wonder what the preschool teachers think of the event. Is it nice to see the parents loosen up, or are they looking at us thinking, so THAT is why that kid is so weird?
So thanks for an entertaining evening preschool parents! See you next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I never even thought about all those birthing fluids having to sit in the tub with you. Gross!
Hello Stacey,
I have just photo tagged you. You can check out my blog for instructions. Sorry for scaring you last time. :)
Post a Comment