So I'm have a bit of heartburn (sound familiar, Julie?) and have to go on a two week trial without most things I love: red wine (on occasion), tomatoes, pizza, spices (bye bye Indian food and Ethiopian food), chocolate, coffee. And quickly, I'm all out of vices. We eat really healthy and I exercise. I don't smoke. I can't be a sexaholic 'cause there's just not enough hours or privacy in my life, and I don't think I have the attention span to do those Sudoku things. The only type of shopping I enjoy these days is online, and not much of that. So, I'm asking you, dear readers, to suggest a vice. Oh, and be forewarned, after these first two weeks of "weaning" and the next two weeks of cold turkey, I'm going to be a bitch on wheels.
Knitting? What do you do if you get stressed at work, go on a knitting break instead of a coffee break?
Gardening? Kind of hard to do in the winter in the Midwest.
Cooking? I love to cook, but have to eliminate tomatoes and balsamic--what's the point? Although I do think I could get into some nice cream sauces.......
Anywhoo, it's up to you guys. Truly. I'm open to suggestions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
How about obsessive reading and re-reading of Twilight? That's my vice. But you probably already know that. ;)
Oh, and purple. Purple is definitely one of my vices. But you know that too.
Poor you! I remember my heartburn diet was full of sushi and ice cream. High protein will tighten the esophageal sphincter and well, ice cream just tastes good. Pretzels too. Interestingly, I took meds for about 4 years and when I quit (to get pregnant) I was fine. Even during pregnancy--no substantial heartburn and even now I am okay and I eat tomatoes, coffee, chocolate even onions! I hope your heartburn isn't permanant. Give your tummy a long rest (maybe 4 years is excessive, but you KWIM) and then re-introduce and see how you do. That was probably way more info than you needed.
Post a Comment