Like the fact that you should wear substantial underwear when undergoing an upper GI x-ray. I swear that was not on the instruction sheet.
They don't let you keep your pants on--who knew? And they make you pose in very odd positions while wearing one of those stupid gowns. Like doing a few log rolls on the table to distribute the disgusting barium you've just ingested. Very scientific. Very sexy.
Of course the radiologist was young and cute. Let's hope he doesn't know Dan or I don't run into him at one of those doctor events! He's seen more of me and my esophagus than anyone should!
The good news was that on first pass, there were no "gross abnormalities." Well, we knew that already. Only subtle and snarky abnormalities here!
Edited to add: Official results were negative. Or to use a fancy radiology term "unremarkable." No ulcers, no hiatal hernia, no strictures of the esophagus, nothing. So, basically, I've been giving myself heartburn from my various vices. Nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment