Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten!







Here's the Doodle on her first day of kindergarten. She was so happy to go--asked me not to call her Doodle and got in line with a little wave. I got teary eyed, even though I didn't think I would. It was the best transition that I could have hoped for. I'm so excited for her. See, I met my best friend in kindergarten. I can only hope she meets someone today who might be her best friend for life.

The morning was a bit of a struggle. I had to fight so that she would not wear a pair of bike shorts to school. They are her current favorite fashion item right now. I can only imagine if we are having wardrobe issues in kindergarten what it will be like when she starts junior high! She can wear whatever she wants tomorrow, I just wanted a halfway decent outfit for the first day.

I'll report in when I pick her up.

No comments: