Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kindergarten, Day 2

This morning, all the other parents waited in line with their kids before school. I asked Doodle if she wanted me to stay or go. "You can go, mom!"

Doodle was very excited about her first day--they had an assembly where the teachers told them the rules. She LOVED it. Today, she came come with two rewards for following the rules. She is so going to be the kid the teacher leaves in charge when she leaves the room. Like mother, like daughter.

Today was also the first day with a lunch. She wanted: white rice with a bit of salt on it, an organic fruit leather, apples with caramel dip, naan and chocolate covered sunflower seeds. I packed all of these items, except for the naan bread. I wasn't on board with that many carbs in one meal. I'm pretty sure her weird food tastes are going to land her stuffed in a locker sometime, but the kid needs to eat. We got a note home today that we need to pack a fruit or veggie snack in addition to lunch. I was banking on the granola bar counting as a healthy snack, but alas, the teacher has other ideas. We made a quick trip to the store for carrots, celery, caramel dip, corn, and apples, which is the sum total of the fruits and veggies she will eat. It's going to be interesting.


In other news, the Moo totally requested pierogies at the store today. Glad to see at least one of my girls are in touch with her Polish heritage. Moo's been the girl who loves sausage, but this was a nice development.

No comments: