Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Crafts, continued


Another craft for the week was to tie-dye white t-shirts, using the white circles as pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns. We got through the whole rubber band phase, and my children did not abandon me until stirring the shirts in the dye became "boring." My fingernails are still a bit orange.

Fast forward to the decorating stage. I have the tendency to be a bit of a perfectionist. Crafty doodle did not disappoint. She put on one big rubber band and made a shirt worthy of the cover of a crafty magazine. While I was helping the Doodle, I hear these noises coming from Moo: Pshew, crackle, zoom (make rocket ship noises to yourself here). I was afraid to look up. She had put about 50 rubber bands on her shirt, so I knew that there were plenty of pumpkins to fill in. Well, as she describes it, her shirt needed a little green zoom, Jackson Pollack style. Both shirts are cute, and reflective of their personalities.

No comments: