So we went to a Halloween party
Actually, some of the families with kids who take naps and are fed real vegetables left early and the core group remained. So with our kids playing nicely and champagne on ice we had some stimulating conversation (all of you dbs out there know who you are). I was openly mocked for asking someone if they were on "the face book" and we discussed the election and some other stuff that I just can't remember right now. And I apologize to T for asking him a million times about his job, when in fact he is a real estate agent and his job is pretty much in the toilet. It was the mimosa talking.
So thanks to the B's for a super great party and thanks to Ms. B's Brother who brought some great champagne and didn't mock us too much. It was so great in fact, that poor Dan was treated to three napping ladies in the car on the way home.
(Oh and not to worry, we were FINE. Dan wanted to be sure you all know that I took some dramatic license here, and we were not stinking drunk in front of our kids.)
I've posted some photos of our adorable offspring in the slide show in case you are interested.



2 comments:
Thanks for the shout out! We had a blast with all of our best buddies (and thanks to multiple gallons of OJ with our champagne and an early bedtime, are not even that hung over this morning). Batman and Thomas slept happily last night, dreaming of candy and a princess, a pretty witch, Darth and the Aviator (all of their girl friends!). Batman recited to me twice this morning all of his guests' costumes. And the Thomas costume, which is of course not washable, might not survive until Friday thanks to lollipop dribble and cupcake frosting. Thomas might have to become Elmo on Friday. I think we should dress our kids up in costumes and drink champagne more often. Who says we have to wait for Halloween?
You know, you didn't mention drinks with kids when I was debating driving up there! That definitely would have been enough to tip me over the edge. Plus, it probably would have saved me from having to go see High School Musical 3 on Saturday...
The kids all look adorable. We're still pulling Her Majesty's costume together.
Post a Comment